Ask anything computer cash.

Bitcoin Account

Marballer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

I am planning on setting up an account I have no clue how it works. I have a paypal account. What do I need to create a account because I search create account and lot of sites come up.

PaddiM8 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Setting up a bitcoin account(wallet) is really easy!
Sign up at http://xapo.com and create a wallet, you will get a bitcoin address, and there's where you will send and receive money.

Fly » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:03 pm

I would suggest creating an account on localbitcoins.com you can buy bitcoins there with gift cards! also they have a wallet to store you bitcoins!

Antoine.C » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:11 pm

It is a good ideas to cashout with bitcoins instead of paypal money ?

PaddiM8 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:12 pm

If the bitcoin price is low, YES! If it's not, it's not worth it. If it's low, you could wait till it raises and your bitcoins will be worth more :D

PaddiM8 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:15 pm

I would suggest creating an account on localbitcoins.com you can buy bitcoins there with gift cards! also they have a wallet to store you bitcoins!
Wait... so you could exchange your gift cards for BITCOINS? WOW! I've been wanting something like that for a long time :D

Antoine.C » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

If the bitcoin price is low, YES! If it's not, it's not worth it. If it's low, you could wait till it raises and your bitcoins will be worth more :D
Ok i understand but is it a good idea actually ? In the actual time ?

PaddiM8 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Ok i understand but is it a good idea actually ? In the actual time ?
Not currently I think, because the bitcoin is really high!

Fishering » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:51 pm

Kinda late to the party, but what do you define as 'low'? Back when I started using bitcoin, a bitcoin was worth $5. When it went up to $10, someone with you mentality would have said, no... wait for it to go back down, and then buy. That's not a bad idea, but you can NEVER know when the value is going to go up or down. Bitcoin's sitting at around $600 right now. Remember the phrase ... Time in the market > timing in the market.

Fishering » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:53 pm

I am planning on setting up an account I have no clue how it works. I have a paypal account. What do I need to create a account because I search create account and lot of sites come up.
I recommend using a very secure wallet. One that is 100% controlled by you, and nobody else can access your bitcoin (Coinbase, Xapo, and localbitcoins) are all a liability that the sites will protect your bits. You can never be 100% safe using them (but realistically none of those seem to be at any risk right now).

I have to recommend you use Mycelium (Android/ios) or BreadWallet (iOS).

Antoine.C » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Kinda late to the party, but what do you define as 'low'? Back when I started using bitcoin, a bitcoin was worth $5. When it went up to $10, someone with you mentality would have said, no... wait for it to go back down, and then buy. That's not a bad idea, but you can NEVER know when the value is going to go up or down. Bitcoin's sitting at around $600 right now. Remember the phrase ... Time in the market > timing in the market.
Ok so you are someone very lucky :D but i don't know if i can work on bitcoin now. Is it easy to sell your bitcoin for paypal money or do you have to find someone that will acept that so it's long ? I know you found a lot of apps to earn bitcoins but i still don't really find how usefull it can be.

PaddiM8 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:16 pm

I would say $200-$300 is low.

Fishering » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Ok so you are someone very lucky :D but i don't know if i can work on bitcoin now. Is it easy to sell your bitcoin for paypal money or do you have to find someone that will acept that so it's long ? I know you found a lot of apps to earn bitcoins but i still don't really find how usefull it can be.
Great questions. Bitcoin should not be compared to the points you have on Perk, or whatever you use. You shouldn't be thinking of how to 'cash out' bitcoin. A better word to use would be 'spend'. Bitcoin is a currency, just like the US Dollar. There are a LOT of places you can spend bitcoin. Right now, I'm spending a lot of my bits on Steam buying games with the summer sale going on right now. Loving it! But if you wanted to use bitcoin to pay IRL, assuming you live in the US, you could get yourself a bitcoin debit card, where you could actually pay with bitcoin just about anywhere. If you wanted to shop at a store, Gyft.com is always an option for buying gift cards. Bitcoin is very valuable around here, so if you want to sell your bitcoin to someone, I could recommend making a post in gift card trading and make a post saying bitcoin for PayPal (not really a gift card trade, but that would be the most relevant forum to put it in).

Hopefully this helps! If you want you can reply with your bitcoin address and I'll send you over some bits to mess around with :).

Antoine.C » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

If you create a Bitcoin adress, you have to put paypal cash in your account first ?

Embre » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm

I also suggest localbitcoins, It works really well and also has a market!