Share suggestions on what smartphones to buy.

$12 Phones on Amazon

Katherine » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:36 pm

$12 Tracfone Android Phones that have 4.4 op system on them. I bought 5. There are a few left I believe.

christophervinn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:11 pm

This is an incredibly vague post. Phone model? Specs? Link?

I mostly redeem my earnings in Amazon cash as I'm a Prime member and do a lot of shopping there anyways so I'm always on the look out for good phone deals on Amazon.

Regardless.. For $18 more dollars I'd suggest to most to go for the Fire's. There run incredibly well, and you'll recoup your invesment within a month.. All profit from there on it, and you can actually use them to read books, watch movies, surf the web, etc.

Thebeermoneyman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:18 am

Besides the perktv app what runs well on the fire without rooting them? I haven't really thought to check on other apps that would work on it just because of how well the perk app runs from stock.

christophervinn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:12 am

Besides the perktv app what runs well on the fire without rooting them? I haven't really thought to check on other apps that would work on it just because of how well the perk app runs from stock.
Getting Google Play on them is really, really, easy.

You install "ES File Explorer" through the Amazon app store.

Go to this link and open/install all four .apk's:
https://archive.org/download/GooglePlay ... 1174655036

Run Google Play afterwords, and then you have access to anything that's available on your Android devices, BUT with much more reliability than cheap Android phones. I've yet to encounter anything that DOESN'T work or run well.

Rewardable, PerkTV, eSports, and YooLotto run better than my IOS or Android phones. I also get a ton more surveys through QuickThoughts that way.

Edit: Also I may add that Android version of Perk runs 100% better than the Amazon version. No dark outs at 7PM, no static ads that freeze. The Amazon version used to be the absolute best, but the Android running on Fire now trumps it easily.

Thebeermoneyman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to look into that this weekend. I'd love to have 5 kindles running the PerkTV app and only have to touch them every 10-12 hours.

Have you tried running EarhHoney on them? I found another device that is low power and footprint, but it's over twice the price than the kindles. Just curious. Thanks.

Tekprincezz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:22 pm

I tried one track phone and it didn't work out for me & I found out the phone was 2 years old so I would purchase the phone very carefully and do research along with youtube videos, reviews, and more research.

jdude » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:57 am

In theory they should work, but probably wont last long. I wouldn't think they would even be worth your money.

PFULMTL » Tue May 09, 2017 2:49 am

I recently picked up a TracFone ZTE Citrine new for $12.49 from Amazon (was lucky that day). It's good for the price and Android 5.1. Although I expected better speed from the Snapdragon 210, because its super fast on the LG K3. Or did Android 6.0 really made such a big jump in speed?
I think I just need to change the GUI because something ain't right with the input delays.