Share money-making apps you use.

Earn Money Scanning Receipts

Drite037 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Receipt hog is an app that allows you to earn points by scanning receipts. These points can then be redeemed for rewards such as an amazon gift card or Paypal. You earn points accordingly depending on how much you spent on shopping. The app is extremely easy to use, as you just snap a picture of the receipt, send it and sit back, while they approve of the receipt and send you the points! Currently, you get paid £5 for 1500 inapp coins. If you live in the U.K, receipts from stores such as Tesco, Sainsburys or even boots get qualified. This app is also available in the US as far as I know. There is a slots feature inside the app that pays you points if you win. You can access these slots by scanning receipts. Have fun making money!

itsthatguy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:19 am

Nice app. I recommend using both Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal to maximize money from receipts. I believe Receipt Pal is available in the UK, please correct me if I am wrong.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 am

ibotta is also well known and good.

Drite037 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:23 am

Nice app. I recommend using both Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal to maximize money from receipts. I believe Receipt Pal is available in the UK, please correct me if I am wrong.
Not too sure about receipt pal. Having a look at their website, it says "Receipts must be in U.S. currency". Will look around though. Thanks.

itsthatguy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:30 am

Oh, well that's unfortunate. Have you tried rebate apps like ibotta and checkout 51? I haven't tried them out yet myself, but I've heard that they pay out well.