Post any comments or tips you have for smartphone cash.

R.I.P. Media Insiders Mobile

ThePWNagePWR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:51 pm

I don't know if this post fits on this category on the forum but whatevs, I must grieve over the loss of an awesome app: Media Insiders Mobile.

I got the dreaded email that the app/site is going out of business and since it has been the source of money to buy things on Amazon in order to not have to dip into an otherwise dwindling saving account, I was disappointed, saddened, and scared.

It seems that all the greatest apps out there that actually payout and have a good RoI, and decent conversion rate between points to dollars, they always end up kicking the digital bucket.
And all the other apps popping out do not have the things that made the other apps fantastic.

Media Insiders was the easiest service to use. All it did was detect whatever you're watching on TV if you have your phone near a TV, and it picks it up and pays you for watching shows. The payout of points themselves was weekly and you'd get a huge bonus every 3 weeks, 3 months, a year, and so on.

There were some bugs in the app, but these bugs actually benefit you. One time I went to the movies theaters and saw Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass, and Media Insiders detected the movie while my phone was in my pocketon silent/do-not-disturb and when I looked on the app afterwards it said the title of some documentary by BBC. Not even close. But I still got credited.

Anyways, I am deeply saddened to see it go, and if you are all wondering why I am scared that its going away to the Great Play Store in the Clouds, as I said before it was my main app to make enough Amazon credit to pay for things online without having to use money in my bank account. Less apps to make pocket change which means not enough Amazon gift cards to pay for things online which means more money coming out of my paycheck which means less money to live off of. But hopefully some new apps I've found actually pay out. If they do then all will be well.

Media Insiders Mobile you will be missed.

ThePWNagePWR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Right now I'm just trying to grind on Viggle, Applike, and Chargerpay as much as I can to replace Media Insiders.

Brayan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Right now I'm just trying to grind on Viggle, Applike, and Chargerpay as much as I can to replace Media Insiders.
i think charger pay is dead they dont pay me last time
Even Joe moved all his chargerpay devices to Cake

ThePWNagePWR » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm

If Chargerpay's not working anymore, I guess I'll try Cake now. Whatever that is. (Besides the delicious dessert. Everybody knows what that is.)

Brayan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 pm

If Chargerpay's not working anymore, I guess I'll try Cake now. Whatever that is. (Besides the delicious dessert. Everybody knows what that is.)
Lol you're funny dude

girlwithglasses » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Lol, that's great! Who doesn't like cake? But the frosting cake make or ruin a cake. I am testing out cake. It adds up very quickly. I stated on April 6th and have 265,000 points. No one is exactly sure the conversation but assuming its like charger pay 100,000 =$5. BUT I hit the 100,000 mark 10 days ago and haven't gotten the email from them yet. I'm done with Cake for now until I receive said email to claim my GC.

girlwithglasses » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 pm

As for Viggle, I have found it to freeze if I hit the watch ad in between the commercial break ads. I use Perk tv too, it is sometimes less aggravating.
I have not tried applike. Are there videos to watch? Or is it just download apps?

Brayan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 pm

As for Viggle, I have found it to freeze if I hit the watch ad in between the commercial break ads. I use Perk tv too, it is sometimes less aggravating.
I have not tried applike. Are there videos to watch? Or is it just download apps?
Try out perk tv live its like viggle and its also passive

ThePWNagePWR » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:01 am

Yeah. Not the best idea to watch an extra commercial break, between the one's that show up regardless.
And AppLike is just downloading an app from AppLike's list and having that downloaded app run for a certain amount of time. The more the downloaded app is running the more points you get.

Brayan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 am

Why? Is it because they basically have the exact same thing(perk tv live)

Brayan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 am

Why? Is it because they basically have the exact same thing(perk tv live)
it was nice having option
which one do you prefer? I only use app trailers.

Brayan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:31 pm

it was nice having option
which one do you prefer? I only use app trailers.
for perk i would say perk tv on the fire tablet and apptrailers

do you convert to perk points ?
Yea sometimes or paypal

Brayan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:52 pm

for perk i would say perk tv on the fire tablet and apptrailers

do you convert to perk points ?
Yea sometimes or paypal
how long does it take them to pay
For paypal 1 or 2 day

Brayan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:59 pm

how long does it take them to pay
For paypal 1 or 2 day