Post tips & tricks to maximize & optimize earnings.

Planning on Buying Another router

DarkMaster214 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 am

I'm thinking on buying A Netgear Nighthawk X6. I am using A Netgear R6700 for my 12 devices ( 9 phones, 2 computers, and an xbox) all using wifi. I'm wanting to wire that router into my room so that i can plug my comps and xbox via ethernet and use the X6 router just for the mobile phones as i get more over time.

So my question is, Is the Netgear Nighthawk X6 a good router to buy for the mobile farm?

DarkMaster214 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Look up the amount of devices you can have on it 50+ Is the best
Where do i look for that information?

DarkMaster214 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:33 pm

So I just googled how many devices can the router take and i found this page-https://kb.netgear.com/24043/How-many-c ... EAR-router
So Netgear routers can have up to 32 clients per wireless band, which i'd just be using the 2.4 band.
But isn't a problem with this is the hardware itself? Doesn't the cpu of the router affecthow effecently it can handle multi-devices? Or am i missing something here?

DarkMaster214 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:37 am

Well, I didn't buy the X6, instead bought the ac1900 version because it increase just the 2.4ghz speed. I then went looking for a router of netgear that maybe have higher cpu and higher speed for 2.4 ghz and there was. It's the X4S ac2600. I'm thinking of buying that later on when i get my routine up on phones that max out the 32 client on the 2.4ghz band on the current router.