Post tips & tricks to maximize & optimize earnings.

Do your homework on your device!

Tucker1003 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:05 pm

When I receive a new phone or a bunch of phones, I make sure I do my homework first. Start off by picking something that can be future proof! I use gsmarena.com to find the specs on the devices I am looking to buy. Make sure you know exact model and carrier of the device for this next part. GO TO XDA Developers and find your exact model and carrier. Use the model code usually found under the battery or in the battery cover. XDA developers have been around for ever and have a very deep archive of devices. This is were you will find all the problems and hopefully solutions to your device. I use it to ROOT and ROM mine.

Example: Last November I bought 10x HTC 510, By FEB 2016 they were not making anything on any app. I was running a 4.4.2 ROM. I checked back with XDA and to my surprise I found a 5.1 ROM. They have been running fine ever since. BTW, that same developer who made the 5.1 is almost done with a 6.0 MM ROM for that device. Talk about extending the life of 10 of my devices!

Drite037 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:09 pm

There are farming lovers lurking out there for this. Great share!

Moose » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:50 am

Out of curiosity, do you know any good resources where beginners can learn about ROMs? I know of them, but I don't know anything about how to use them or install them as of yet.

Tucker1003 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:15 am

XDA developers pretty much has everything from beginners guides to how to develope ROMS. I suggest finding your device on the forum and looking at the GENERAL section for your device to find a guide specific for your device. Please feel free to ask me I can point you in the right direction.

a ROM is a re-write of the android OS for your device by a 3rd party developer. The risk is that it may have bugs. (read the forum post on the ROM you are interested in). Most ROMS unlock all features of your phone. This also makes it easier to soft brick (crash your device re-install everything) and hard brick (your phone is toast). I gain a lot of valuable space and speed from ROMing my phones.

You must gain ROOT access to be able to ROM.

Antoine.C » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Nice Share, thank you

punkshoo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:27 pm

One thing I always look for, at least as of late, are devices that come with 5Ghz network capabilities and have recent ROMs available for them. When buying budget phones I'm all about anything running Jellybean as I feel like if I can snag said phone for $20 or less I can just recycle it when 5.1 is no longer valid. XDA is a great resource if you're looking to get into rooting. Just be careful if you're fresh. Take baby steps. Your first brick might cause you to panic but take a deep breath and read around for possible solutions to fix the brick. Generally speaking, most soft bricks can be repaired. Happy rooting!