Ask anything smartphone cash.

Newb question about internet hookups

Wildstorm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:38 pm

I am wondering how people are managing their farms with sufficient internet. If you have ...say more than 20 phones...are you getting more than one line of internet coming in? Or is there a way to just use one line of internet for a massive phone farm? I am only currently running 5 phones but want to expand. I just want to plan ahead to see what I will need to do so. Any information on this would be great!

zerocool » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:56 pm

rikostan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:03 am

I have 35 phones for my farm, but I also have 7 people who live in the house over the summer months when the kids are home, so we routinely have 60+ devices on the network. We have 100 down and 10 up from Spectrum, no issues at all so far. That includes two of my kids playing WoW or some other online game, while 3 or 4 other people stream video too. We only stream, no cable TV or satellite at all.

Wildstorm » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank you for that information. My household uses the internet as much as your's does. So I was worried that my internet might not hold up with so many people streaming and playing games. But it looks like I am good to go for awhile. Ultimately, I would like to get about 100 phones going at some point. I am sure I will need to upgrade something by then.

zerocool » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 pm

second residence got crazy 300mb down think 100 up spectrum plan to eventual setup solar with power banks on windows keep them running ..