Post any scams you come across.

Work At Home Scams

JoshDun » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:30 am

“Be part of one of America’s Fastest Growing Industries. 
Be the Boss!
Earn thousands of dollars a month from home!”

Ads like this are everywhere — on telephone poles, in your newspaper and e-mail and on your favorite websites. Although the jobs are different, the message is the same—you can earn a great living working from home, even in your spare time.

Some even promise a refund if the “job” doesn’t work out. If you’re like many people, you’re probably thinking, “Where do I sign up?” But what you really should do is run, not walk, as far away from these ads as you can get.

The reality is most of these jobs are scams. The con men or women advertising them may get you to pay for starter kits or certifications that are useless. And they might even charge your credit card without permission.

One of the most well-known work-at-home scams involves stuffing envelopes. The ads say that if you pay a “small fee” like $99, you’ll learn how to earn lots of money stuffing envelopes at home. But all you get for your money is a letter telling you to scam your friends and relatives the same way you were scammed by getting them to buy the same envelope stuffing “opportunity.” Sticking it to them is the only way you’ll ever see any return on your investment.

cajunbelle84 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 am

The part about stuffing envelopes is true. The part about guru's trying to sell their "system" is true, but it is possible to work from home. I do CPA/affiliate marketing. Those people are trying to sell the system because they get a % of the sales. Another way to make a full time living is through e-commerce or drop shipping. Not EVERYTHING is a scam. I paid $100 on training to work from home and it was the best decision I ever made. BTW what I do doesn't involve recruiting so you can't say I'm saying this to get anything from it.