Share organization tips to keep money making neat.

My Custom Phone Storage

jaredk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 am

Got tired of all my phones (currently ~27 of them) laying all over a wire shelf that I have in my room. So I went to home depot and picked up a birch wood board for 10 bucks and set out building a custom sized storage option.

Pictures detailing some of the build processes.

Future plans for the box:

- Adding more phones
- Adding fans to the bottom to help with heat dissipation
- Attach USB charging hubs to the sides of the box (doing very soon)
- Attach router directly to the top of the box.
- Possibly paint box to make more appealing (not a top priority)

jaredk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm

30 - 40 phones depending on how it's designed. I currently have 19 phones in it and will be adding 5 more soon.

jaredk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:04 am

Yes they are phones

girlwithglasses » Fri May 05, 2017 12:17 am

Jaredk, that is awesome! How long did it take you to make? My phone still fit on myself nightstand, but one day I hope to have many more phones. The cords drive me crazy now. I am in the planning phase of creating a duct tape purse/ phone holder. I love to make purses out of duct tape and unfortunately carry 5 phones with me to work. Combining myself 2 favorite hobbies.

jaredk » Fri May 05, 2017 4:55 am

Jaredk, that is awesome! How long did it take you to make? My phone still fit on myself nightstand, but one day I hope to have many more phones. The cords drive me crazy now. I am in the planning phase of creating a duct tape purse/ phone holder. I love to make purses out of duct tape and unfortunately carry 5 phones with me to work. Combining myself 2 favorite hobbies.
It took me approx. 2 - 3 days over the weekend. About 12 hours, then again I have the hardware and tools in my dad's garage ready to go. I did a lot of brainstorming prior to building this. I wanted something that could hold any sized phone and also something that has a small footprint to save on space.

I haven't had the chance to get around to installing 3 fans onto this unit and have had to get by with placing a laptop cooling pad under this tower to help cool it down. Heat does tend to build up in the columns and doesn't dissipate how I had hoped. I think that once I install a fan in each column that I should be fine. One thing I will note if someone else attempts to make something like this is, not to have separate columns. Instead, have the boards that the phones rest on go all the way across the box and just have one column.

As far as your cable management goes, I can't stress enough to get a usb charging hub and then zip tie your cables together into one big bundle.

Junior » Sun May 14, 2017 12:05 am

Looks pretty neat, I might make one to put it right next to my desk.

jaredk » Sun May 14, 2017 12:28 am

Looks pretty neat, I might make one to put it right next to my desk.
I can't stress enough for proper heat dissipation when building something like this. I got lazy and never installed fans into the box. I decided to place it in my basement on top of my laptop box being that the fans keep it a constant ~70 degrees.

albare » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:46 pm

How to emulator from pc? what my Seting