Share organization tips to keep money making neat.

My EarnHoney Roku Setup $2/device/day

jaredk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:30 pm

EarnHoney has recently started allowing Roku players to display ads and generate a revenue from them. They were advertised as being the most profitable thing to run the EH platform on. I have seen iffy results with them. They should pay for themselves in a month though even with low earnings.

I have set (5) Rokus up the best way possible. Have all of them connected into a RCA splitter / HDMI splitter. I used standoffs to connect all of them together in a brick like fashion. Removed all of the cases and outside components to allow quick heat dissipation and added heat sinks on all heat producing components.

TvGlee channel on the Roku needs resetting every 2 - 6 hours. Luckily, one Roku remote can control them all simultaneously so it's only a few clicks to reset them all. Considering setting up an Arduino with IR control to do this automatically every 4 hours or so.

Last edited by jaredk on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

IamPassive » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Interesting! How much do you earn?

jaredk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Sorry about that. I meant to include that in my original post.

Each Roku makes 0.25 - 0.75 per day. At the price point I paid for them plus the EH Roku Rebate (no longer available) I will pay off each device in roughly a months time.

jaredk » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 am

EarnHoney just increased the payout rate for Roku's. Each Roku makes about $2 / day.

jaredk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 am

I am not sure what it is you are trying to say. However, regarding heat dissipation; Roku's were not made with the idea of them always streaming content. They were manufactured to be used for a few hours and then in standby the rest of the day. They get very warm considering they are passively cooled and there are no vents on their enclosure. I have found that they tend to over heat and reboot with prolonged use. I found the best way to combat this is to remove the outer enclosure, pop a few heat-sinks on and place it in front of a fan.

jaredk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:47 am

Anything can be broken open if you just try hard enough. But in all seriousness just remove the rubber base from most Roku's and then unscrew it.

Any heat-sink will do. I just used what I had on hand which is spare Raspberry Pi heat-sinks.

jaredk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 am

Any Roku will do.

jaredk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:46 am

Yes, You will need some computer that is on to run the calligraphy automatically. I personally use a raspberry pi running linux because it's always on and uses barely any power. You most likely will want to look into running cron jobs via Windows and run it on a beermoney computer that you leave on 24/7.

BlackSuit421 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:47 am

Yup! That's one good thing about earnhoney! :-)

jaredk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:25 pm

It has nothing to do with the raspberry pi. I just use it because it's an always on computer. It runs a Linux distro so I use crontab.

jaredk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am

Exactly why I am using it.

jaredk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:02 am

A quick google search brings up the power consumption of all the Roku's. And I don't know what you pay for electricity.

http://bfy.tw/AV6G

jaysonbubel » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:13 am

My friend has a roku and lately with the new earning boost, he is making $10 a day.

jaysonbubel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:58 am

My friend uses the cheapest $30 roku.

jaysonbubel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:58 am

I don't have a roku but might consider buying one.

jlee05 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:05 am

I quit using EarnHoney because it wasn't even making me $2 a week running 24/7 using the website on my laptop and the app on a couple devices. Now that I'm reading this, I may try it again. I only have one Roku device tho. Think that would make me enough money to make it worth trying?

jaredk » Wed May 17, 2017 1:17 am

I quit using EarnHoney because it wasn't even making me $2 a week running 24/7 using the website on my laptop and the app on a couple devices. Now that I'm reading this, I may try it again. I only have one Roku device tho. Think that would make me enough money to make it worth trying?
No. Because Earnhoney has stopped allowing Rokus to be used on their platform.

jlee05 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 am

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't think I had seen it when I was using the website but I was going to go back and look again to make sure. EarnHoney sucks for me. I've quit using it in my routine. Same with YooLotto. I keep it downloaded on a few devices, but it's pretty much hit or miss. :?

jaredk » Fri May 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't think I had seen it when I was using the website but I was going to go back and look again to make sure. EarnHoney sucks for me. I've quit using it in my routine. Same with YooLotto. I keep it downloaded on a few devices, but it's pretty much hit or miss. :?
What do you use instead of Yoolotto or Earnhoney? I have found both of those to be somewhat profitable in my area (central Indiana). I am holding onto my Roku's hoping that one of the platforms brings back money making on them.

jlee05 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm

What do you use instead of Yoolotto or Earnhoney? I have found both of those to be somewhat profitable in my area (central Indiana). I am holding onto my Roku's hoping that one of the platforms brings back money making on them.
I am in a small town of south Georgia so that might be part of my problem with those two apps. I profit the most from Perk and Swagbucks but those also require the most attention during the day. I am mostly a stay-at-home mom so I have the time. I only work out of the home 1-2 days a week. I do really well boosting my daily Swagbucks by just taking a few of their surveys every day along with running the videos and meeting the daily goal list. It doesn't take much time to do the surveys, but I realize most people on here are looking for passive income and I totally get that. I only have 5 total devices plus my main phone so I just try to do the most profitable things I can until I can get more devices. I have also been doing well running Rewardable TV on them at night since that app doesn't need as much babysitting :lol:

Tygames » Sun May 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Does Earnhoney still support Roku, or have they shut it down yet?

jaredk » Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Does Earnhoney still support Roku, or have they shut it down yet?
Earnhoney is currently not supporting Rokus for money making. I am not aware of anyone supporting Roku for money making.

Tygames » Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 am

That kind of stinks. Did you find that using Earnhoney with your Roku devices was worth it at the time?

jaredk » Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 am

That kind of stinks. Did you find that using Earnhoney with your Roku devices was worth it at the time?
Yes it was. Please reference the title. I was making 2 dollars per Roku per day. I was making more off of my Rokus than I was making with my laptops...

Creeper1764 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:30 am

Isn't there a perk channel on roku? I remember hearing something about it.