Post tips & tricks to maximize & optimize earnings.

Cable Modem Question...

gakarl100 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Going to replace my ISP (comcast) modem with a personally owned modem. My farm is not very big but planning to continue growing it. 8 phones, 5-6 computers, in addition, 3 smart TV's and a couple other various wireless devices in the house. The last count was 24 devices with leased IP's from my router in my house.

Having said that I want to replace my ISP's leased modem with a personally owned one. My main objective is so I can change my mac address (last octet) when I need to get a new IP from my ISP. Comcast's modem has some proprietary software that won't allow me to adjust my mac address so its almost impossible to get a new IP.

Been looking at modems, one of the biggest things I am wondering is does the amount of download streams a modem can handle become a factor? My current ISP modem specs say it can handle 24 ironically. Should I shoot for a modem with 8, 16, or 32 downstream channels? Is this a big factor to worry about? The cost goes up significantly with modems the more channels so dont want to waste money on a 32 channel modem if 8 or 16 is more than enought.

zerocool » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:58 am

not sure how u mean swith get u second ip